Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chapter Thirty-Seven: The End of the Beginning.

Looking back on all the events that took place in getting us to that special, appointed time in our lives is so amazing to me. Our story is so uniquely ours and to see how far we came from the day we met to the day we married is just incredible. I love how the Lord always sees the “big picture”, and though we only get bits and pieces of it at a time, we ultimately know that if we are following Him, He will create the most gorgeous masterpiece. And that’s what He did with us.

I was always taught to treat my dating relationships as if they would someday end in a marriage and that piece of advice was vital in keeping my convictions close and my purity guarded. Now, as a mother, I see the importance of instilling those core values into my children as the world around us changes rapidly. Keeping Christ at the center of your thoughts and life is the only way to find true love, and I pray every day that my babies will find a love unique to them, but exactly in line with what the Lord brought to their Daddy and me.

The story of how my husband and I met and fell in love is just the beginning. The stories, life lessons and circumstances we have been through since the “I do” is what is shaping and defining our marriage today. Our history is our firm foundation, and we continue to grow and build on that year after year. I cannot begin to tell you what a blessing it has been!

Our love story is the thing I hold nearest to my heart. I love that I was able to put it into words to share with others and to reflect back on myself. Every couple’s love story is special, because it is yours. Treasure it, nurture it, and continue “writing” it – even after the “I do”.